Wednesday, April 24, 2013

.goblin revisited.

Some of the things I love most about having kids, is watching them experience things that I love.  I love camping, and thank my parents for making an effort (because it IS effort with kids) to take us kids out to explore the natural world.  Some of my fondest memories growing up are of family camping trips.  This past weekend, we took a quick trip down to Goblin Valley, and enjoyed the beauty of the Utah desert.  Finn was in boy heaven with rocks and dirt as far as the eye could see.  He only stopped playing long enough to eat and sleep the whole weekend.
Sean and Roy playing Goblit in Goblin Valley...Roy couldn't resist.

Little miss on her first camping trip at 3 months.  She was an absolute champ, and did stellar.



Finn and dad roaming the hoodoos.

This lunar like landscape is desolate, but so interesting looking.
Saturday morning, Casey and Helen led us on an expedition up Wild Horse Canyon, and then off to a skylight arch.  It was such a beautiful hike through a slot canyon, and then up and over the slick rock.  Meg slept in her bjorn, while Finn and Roy jumped from rock to rock.
Momma and miss M at the skylight arch.

the fam

Almost our whole group at the arch

Wild Horse slot canyon

At the arch Finn and his cousin Zeke throwing rocks into the water.

Meg taking a breather on the sandstone.
It was a great trip that was only dampened by an end of the road carsick episode. Finn has never been carsick so I was quite unprepared for it.  That American Fork canyon can be pretty brutal coming down.  We had to improvise a bit and put Finn in my hoodie.  When we were about 30 minutes from home, I turned around to find Finn had wriggled his way out of its confines.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Meg was so good :) We had a great time and it was all the more fun with your kids to bring a little more joy to the group. Glad you guys were there for me in my hour(s) of need. Thank your handyman husband for me again. :D