Thursday, July 19, 2012

.the sick days of summer.

Its Thursday, and the day is looking up.  We have passed the last 4 days in pajamas (sometimes no pajamas at all), taking lots of baths to cool off, swallowing obscene amounts of Tylenol and Advil, and basically eating only cinnamon cheerios and Gatorade.  Finn went to bed Saturday with a 103 temp, and woke Sunday with 104.  The temp peaked at 105 and at that point I made an after hours visit to the pediatrician.  Lucky (or unlucky as the case might be) for us it wasn't strep, but a virus that would cause his fever to stick around for 5 days and leave us with nothing to do but try and keep the kid comfortable *impossible*.
I think we're out of the woods now since the fever has finally broke and he slept through the night without having to have me hold him through great portions.
The plan for the day is to get out and go see the dogs and tractor at Grandma's and go take lunch to daddy.  As for me, I'm going to de-frump myself and try to put some order back into my house.  It's amazing how quickly things/people fall apart when you are holding your baby boy 12 hours a day.

No comments: