Friday, July 20, 2012

.notes of no interest.

Does your face ever hurt?  I mean really hurt?  No?  Well mine does, and it's hurting right now.  I mentioned earlier how this pregnancy has lent itself to quite a few differences from Finn's.  One ill side effect of all these hormones coursing through my body...yucky face.  I can't seem to get a handle on all the blemishes that keep popping up in greater quantities.  I miss my old face!

Finn is a completely new kiddo today.  He is happily playing and getting back into everything like he is  discovering it for the first time.

I was re-reading some of my fall posts, and it made me excited for all the goodness of autumn.  Not to mention the cooler temps.

We got a lot coming up in the next few weeks including cook outs, reunions, and camping.   Oh I can't wait to go camping.  We haven't been since Finn was 5 months so I know he's going to enjoy it a lot more this time around.

Roy has scout camp the first week of August, which means he'll be gone on our anniversary again.  I swear if I had known that the first week of August was the go to for scout camp I would have chosen another day to be married.  I know I shouldn't be upset and annoyed by the fact that we just have to celebrate it on another day, but I am...

In celebration of Finn recovering from his week long sickness we are heading up for a Saturday morning hike to get out and enjoy the cooler mountain air, and also get our packer out for some more use.

One bonus of summer are the farmer markets.  I'm excited to go pick out some yummy local food.  There is just something about picking and buying food that is fresh from the farms and family bakeries...it's good for the soul.

I made homemade bread this week.  I made it thinking Finn could handle homemade bread to eat.  It felt like twice the undertaking because of a needy baby.  Consequently, I let the loaves rise a bit too long.  I had one GIANT loaf that I had to wrestle into a bread bag.  The batch was also a bit bigger then I normally make because my poor beast of a Kitchen Aid didn't cut it.  I had to knead the rest of the flour in by hand, and then spent the next 45 min. cleaning out all the nooks on the machine where the dough had squished into.  I need a Bosch for my bread dough!

Alright, I'm off to do laundry and clean out my fridge.  FUN DAY!!

3 comments:

Kay said...

This sounds like my life :)I had to laugh at the GIANT loaf of bread and wrestling it into a bread bag. haha! Love you Beth!

ANG said...

Be patient with your face. This too shall pass. So glad Finn is better. Let's swim next week.

Helen Sullivan said...

I'm betting on a girl. My face was so junky with the girls, but awesome with Zeke. Darn hormones!