Friday, June 22, 2012

.please pass.

I'm so happy to see this week heading out. It's been our sick week here at La Vista dr., and to say that it's been rough is an understatement. It started Monday with Finn throwing up and LOTS of laundry. Tuesday we were beginning to feel like we dodged a bullet, but then wednesday rolled in and brought with it a southern effect of digestive bugs. So again LOTS of laundry, and LOTS of disinfecting wipes. Thank goodness my morning sickness was so much better that day, otherwise it would have been soooo much worse. I went to bed that night thinking first no more fruit for Finn for awhile, and I think the worse has passed. Thursday Roy woke up feeling rather miserable, and said all day he was fighting an upset stomach. By that night he was feeling better, but that's when I took it on. Aghhh, so miserable to need to keep food down because of morning sickness, but not being able to. I was awake most of night, but then mr. Finn decided to relapse. So at around 2:00am instead of trying to sleep I showered Finn while Roy stripped sheets and starting yet more laundry. When I woke still feeling sick, the thought of caring for a sick baby on top of that felt like too much. Pleading with Roy to see if he could stay home and help, but his work situation wouldn't allow it. After that I just had to call my mom, and of course she dropped everything and came over and nursed us back. She cleaned, cooked lunch and dinner, went shopping for some nessities, and just all around took care of us. I asked her how she did it when she had young kids, and she said, "I just did it. I've blocked a lot of it out, but you can do more then you think you can.". I agree with that, but man I'm soooo grateful for a mother who lives close enough and who loves her kids so much that she will drop everything and help them. Let's hope Saturday brings much health to our home.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

the only time i threw up with mikey was in the 2nd trimester when i got the stomach flu. let me paint you a TMI picture. I was sitting on the toilet with a bucket in my lap and it was ugly. both ends. :( getting the flu while pregnant is the worst if you ask me, worse than regular morning sickness, which isn't fun either. feel better!!!