Monday, June 18, 2012

.M.I.A.

Yikes...a whole month has gone by with nary a word from this little ol blog. In my defense we've had some big things happening around here. The biggest of which is we are currently baking Hoffman #4 (which means baby number 2 so there's no confusion on the number of children). We suspected something was afoot while we were in Florida, and our suspicions were confirmed when we got home. We were pretty stoked when we found out...even though it happened sooner then expected (estimated arrival jan 8th). Things quickly turned crazy as I was calling my insurance and making appointments. Maternity benefits pretty much suck unless you're on government assistance or a group plan through work, and there is no way to get those benefits after your pregnant. I of course have found this out after the fact. As it became apparent that our options were quickly dwindling, my anxiety rose. Even though I wanted to have an epidural this time around, I just couldnt justify spending $8-10 grand out of pocket to do so. We have decided to go ahead with a naural birth at a birthcenter and midwife. There are days when I have peace about this decision, but I'm still feeling that stress of going natural again. On top of the stress of figuring out how to go about this pregnancy in the most affordable/safe way, I have been just miserable with "morning" sickness. Being pregnant with Finn was easy. Most days I would forget that I was even pregnant. I had energy, no food eversions, my skin was awesome...now it's just the opposite. Yuck!!! Needless to say this experience has been so different from Finn's, but I'm also aware through all of this how blessed we are. We are happy to have a sibling on the way for little man, and happy that we have other options to help us during this pregnancy. I know the Lord is going to be teaching me many things through this experience, and that we are doing the right thing. We'll keep you posted as we get this baby cooking!

7 comments:

Kristen Brady said...

I'm so happy for all of you. And I agree that the Lord will help you out. You are doing all you can to provide a wonderful home and body for this important spirit of our Heavenly Father - no doubt that, as you seek His help and guidance, you will be given all you need. Love to your whole family!

Krista Eger said...

AAAAHHHHH!!!! Holy crap that's so awesome!!!!!!! I of course would have supported the decision for an epidural OR the birthing center, but I think you'll have a truly amazing experience at the birthing center. I think it will go a lot smoother and you'll be more comfortable and definitely have more options for pain management and the choice to birth in the water. Phil pointed out today "Have you ever met someone that regretted the decision to give birth at home (birthing center included)? But you hear people regret the hospital all the time" It's very true.

Anyway seriously congratulations! Don't expect labor to be the same this time around. Audrey's couldn't have been more different than Nate's. :D But this time you know what it feels like so you'll be able to mentally prepare much more easily. That will help a lot!

Courtney said...

Congratulations Beth, that is so exciting!

Hayley said...

i'm so excited we're pregnant together this time, too! i mean, i don't think we could've planned the timing better if we had tried. you're an amazingly strong woman, beth - you can do it!

Christy said...

Yay! Congrats! My pregnancy has been so different than my first one too. Emmy was so easy, and this little guy has been making me miserable. Hope you feel better soon!

Colette said...

Congrats! I'm so excited to meet the next Hoffman!

Kim said...

That's super exciting! And I know how you feel about the whole natural birth thing...after having Benji that way I don't think I would ever go the epidural route again, though thinking about going through the inevitable pain with my little girl in only a few weeks gives me a case of the shivers!