Monday, May 21, 2012

.silver springs, family, and one long plane ride home.

I need to just dig in and finish up our Florida trip.  I've been preoccupied this morning with insurance and things which has really taken the wind out of my sales to get anything else done.  Insurance is the biggest pain for us since Finn and I are on our own.  Sometimes I think I should go back to work just to have insurance coverage, but then I remember how important it is that I'm home with little man.  Oh well, things will sort themselves out I guess.  In the mean time...back to Florida.

Wednesday we spent the whole day out with Robert and Dani.  We had originally wanted to go zip lining through central Fl.  Turns out it's a small fortune to do that, so we opted to go to Silver Springs.  Florida is dotted with beautiful crystal clear water springs, and Silver springs is a big one near Ocala.  They've turned it into a mini amusement park/zoo for people to come see.  One of the coolest things was the glass bottomed boat.  The spring was so clear you could see all the way to the bottom, which in some places was pretty far.  Finn and Uncle Robert were best buds during the boat ride.



Isn't that cool!

My favorite picture of Finn and Robert together.
They had all kinds of animals like bears, monkeys, exotic birds, of course gators, but I think our favorite was the giraffe.  Finn's first encounter with a giraffe...he didn't know quite what to think of it, but he was definitely curious.

He felt a lot better when he was being safely held.

He came out for a couple of Brits to feed him a handful of pellets (it seemed like a small amount for such a large animal).

Of course we had to see the giant gator, who seemed far to large to be able to move at all.  
Dani and Finn at the base of a giant Cypress tree.

It had been along day in the sun so naturally Finn fell asleep in the car on the way home.  So he was dropped off at home to finish his nap while Robert, Dani, Roy, and me drove out to Gator Joes to enjoy  some food you can't get in Utah.  I of course had the gator and frog legs, and I would recommend gator to anyone...it tastes good (as does most anything fried).

Thursday we played outside in the little pool that grammy had bought Finn, but mostly Finn wanted to hang out with Oscar the dog.  He just LOVED that dog.  We BBQ'd that night and enjoyed all the time with family and friends. Dani was the master at getting Finn to sleep.  I loved watching how tender she was with him...melted my heart!

Friday we woke Finn up to make the hour drive to Orlando and make our flight.  I was hoping for a repeat of the first flight, but Finn decided otherwise.  He was incredibly fussy, and only wanted daddy, which made for a long flight for Roy.  Both flights were full so we didn't have the luxury of having an extra seat between us (one of the reasons the first flight went so well). Finally, Finn fell asleep for the last hour of the flight into SLC.

Needless to say we were happy to be done with flying for awhile.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I have to say it..there's a typo on the Gator pic. :)

I know what you mean about really wanting that extra seat. I've asked people to move to a different empty seat before, just so we could have that extra space. Still, it doesn't matter sometimes what you do. Love hearing about your trip Beth, and good luck with the insurance. :)

Beth said...

no Kay, that's what I actually meant to write...ha ha ha. Sometimes me brain gets ahead of my hands, and then all craziness ensues. thanks for the heads up.