Tuesday, December 20, 2011

.a few of my favorite things...at present.

With the business of Christmas in full swing, I was thinking about some of my "favorite" things in my life right now.

Stretchy ribbon: this stuff is simply a pleasure to tie packages up with. So much more forgiving then traditional ribbon. Try it you won't be disappointed.

Christmas cards: the mail is wonderful, but even more so when it's filled with actual letters...not just junk mail. Having all these beautiful cards from wonderful friends and family, made me realize my mistake in not sending any out this year. There will be cards next year from the hoffmans.

Losing weight: even with all the Christmas goodies being shoved in our faces, ice cream in the freezer, and birthday dinners...my pounds have failed to stay around in fact I'm down again this week. I'm still a good 20 lbs from were I really want to be, but if I can keep it off during this month, then I might have a promising new year.

Scentsy(autumn sunset): this aroma is currently filling my house, and making me feel nostalgic. It's the goodness of winter smells all rolled into one!

Rocking baby boy Finn to sleep: I'm finally getting some good use out of my rocking chair since Finns birth. Because of how I nursed Finn I could never really rock that boy to sleep. But now that he's a complete bottle feeder, we spend our nights rocking and singing. Nursing was special, but this is wonderful too, and I'm glad I get these moments with him.

I have more, but as usual when you get down to writing them out the memory fades.

No comments: