Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Projects

Last weekend as we welcomed in a new year, I welcomed in a cold. I'll be honest I didn't accomplish much more than putting myself together to go to the temple with my sisters and Grandma. I'm such a slug when I'm sick. I think this stems from the fact that I have a tendency to be a little lazy already, so when you take away my energy you can imagine the outcome isn't all that pretty. Consequently, Roy carried my butt this weekend. I left to go to the temple leaving the house in post holiday dumpiness and returned to a completely cleaned house (i.e. dishes done, clothes being laundered, tree taken down, floors vacuumed, swept and mopped...immaculate). On top of the hours put into cleaning the house Roy stuffed me in the car and off we went to home depot to gather supplies for much needed home repairs that we had been putting off. The main one being the entry way tile:
The tile job that we have is crap, but we lack the funds to completely redo it so we will just have to be happy with our fix it job.
This doesn't appear to be the first time this has happened. The previous owners however just threw a little bit of glue on the back of the tile. Roy couldn't believe the crappy fix they did as he was chiseling off all the old cement.
We improvised with the tools we didn't have.

No trowel...? No problem, we just used Roy's spare concealed weapons permit with some other dude's picture on it. Glad we kept that around...you'll never know when you might need to use something like that.

On top of the tile fix, Roy also repaired the carpet guard that goes from our kitchen to our living room, purchased and assembled a coat rack (which I love), and put up our new TV. After all was said in done I felt so much better, not only because there was once again order in our house, but also because I had done a little more than just putt around the house all day. I'm grateful for Roy and his driving force. That is why I have decided that this years project is going to be me taking control of my life. Roy shouldn't always have to be the one doing the driving, and I imagine he is very tired of driving...so I'm going to be using my time more effectively to not only better myself, but others as well. So there it is folks...my commitment!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Funny, I would love love love a coatrack! You'll have to tell me where you got it!

Hope you are feeling better!

ANG said...

I hope you've returned from death's door (or menopause - hot flashes - whichever). I'm proud of you Beth - about your commitment. I love you.

Kay said...

Welcome back Beth. I look forward to more frequent posts. :)