Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In Other News...

Today could be one of those days were I could lay it all out there for you...work, calling, life...you name we got it. It's exhausting and makes me want to break down some days. But I can put that all aside because for the moment it's snowing outside...and no matter how many times I get to experience a first snow it never gets old. It's a puffy coat and hot chocolate day, a blanket and book day, basically a good day in my book. So lets focuse on that fact and perhaps fill you in on all the recent happenings....

We have a new member of the Hoffman brood: Introducing Bristow, our 82 Toyota Landcrusier.

This fire engine red addition can best be described by Roy, "It's like me... a little rough around the edges, but dependable". I think it fits in rather well with us.

Boring update: Roy talked to his paternal grandparents on his father's side for the first time. Really a cool experience to build those ties again! Also found out that the white trash gene goes deep.

The hair experiment: A first time for me.




Take a good look because this is the longest my hair has ever been, and probably ever will be. It's driving me nuts so I might just lose my determination one day a decide to chop it, however it does allow me to do some fun stuff for Halloween costumes...take a ganderThat's a Bendy original. Maybe I could handle girls after all.


New calling same as the first: I was released as 1st counselor in the YW and immediately put back in. Speaking again in 4 weeks...not so stoked about that.


New calling, New Scriptures: After 2 years of marriage, I finally got a set with the right name. I always forgot that my old scriptures had my old name. My yw would always point out the fact that my name wasn't Sullivan anymore.


New name...no problem!

I'm sure there is plenty more that I'm leaving out here, but that should do for now.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Roy's new ride is sweet! It has color and it has style. "Dependable" is relative to how easy it is to fix yourself, but the color is worth the risk in my opnion. I weigh the pros and cons of cutting my long mop everyday too. So far it staying long, but we'll see.

ANG said...

Hang in there Beth. Hope your activity goes well tonight.

Doug and Ilean said...

Beth I love the long hair. I think you look great and beautiful. Love, Mom

Kristen Brady said...

Love the new car; love the hairdo; understanding about the scriptures - I asked for a new set our first married Christmas together. Hang in there with the craziness of life!

Amy and Micheal said...

Micheal is SO incredibly jealous of your new family member Bristow! I know it. It was a sad sad day in our house when we finally had to scrap our dear 81 Landcruiser, Gretchen. (Remember her from when he'd pick me up at Hillside?) I've thought so many times about getting one and fixing it up for the boys to drive when they can.... in 10 years! Ack! Way cute hair, Beth! I love it!