Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Fear


I'm not really sure what I'm wanting or expecting from this post, but having been reflecting on this topic today I've come to some realizations.


I'm Scared!


Being single allowed me to cover up a lot of my insecurities and fears. It was me and me alone. My choices were my own and it didn't matter that I made certain choices out of fear. However being married has really brought a lot of my weaknesses and fears to the surface. A good thing right? Yes, except that I haven't really learned how to deal with my weaknesses or my fears. The majority of my life I've trained myself to ignore these things, which is not healthy. I mean how am I supposed to work on my weaknesses if I don't acknowledge the fact that I even have any. Luckily, I married someone who is quite ok with mistakes and weaknesses and has helped me realize that we both have many flaws and that it's ok. It doesn't make us bad people, it makes us human. These limitations don't have to hold us back, especially when we learn to face them and work on them. Yeah, I still have many fears in my life, but I'm learning that I can look them head on and make choices despite them, and rely more on my faith and Roy.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I hear ya! I feel the same way sometimes.