Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Domestication

Every once in a great while I feel the need to prove myself to my kitchen. I'm talking real down to earth cooking. Honestly, most days I feel no inclination to throw my efforts towards cooking, especially after I get home from work, the gym, callings, and misc. cleaning around the house. In fact a lot of the time my cooking imagination ends at grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. However, when the muse does descend on me, I can create something pretty great.

I present to you Amanda's Frozen Key Lime Pie, commonly referred to as "Goodness". I made this for my families St. Patty's day dinner. Now while there is nothing really authentically Irish about it, it is green in nature and that's good enough for me. Sadly, I could not partake of the "Goodness" because it contains trace amounts of vanilla ice cream and I couldn't break my lent even for such a lovely pie. 21 days and still going strong!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

that looks so delicious! will you give me the recipe?? and i miss you.