Monday, May 5, 2008

Productive days

I remember when I was younger and I would utilize my Saturdays in the best possible way by sleeping in until 11:30...noonish. In actuality I always felt like crap on these days that I chose to sleep in because I would wake up and already half the day was gone. I hated feeling like I had wasted those precious hours of freedom from my life of school and work. As a result I don't like to sleep in, too late, on Saturdays.
This past Saturday was no exception. I woke early to drive Roy to work (as we have a car out of commission), ran at the gym, deposited the check at the bank, washed and fueled up Fran (my car), made a grocery store run, ran back to the gym to grab my jacket, cleaned the room, the bathroom, did the laundry, dejunked the storage room (thanks to Roy for letting me throw more stuff away), and went on a bike ride with Roy on the Jordan park way. I really wanted to clean the inside of Fran and sweep the car-port because it's just driving me crazy, but
I just ran out of time. However, over all I felt good knowing that I hadn't wasted my Saturday.
Sunday was more of a relaxing day. I wanted to curl the hair, but I did sleep in just a little too long. I didn't have to teach for the first time in three weeks so that was a nice reprieve. I made some awesome dinner in the crock-pot (it really makes me feel like a home-maker when I come home to the house smelling like good food), took a Sunday nap, and got to see and talk to my sister and her family in Mexico on the web cam.
Yay! for good productive weekends!