Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dr. Strange-love

Yesterday I finally got the chance to go to the eye Dr. after a year hiatus. With my new insurance I had to find a new Dr. and Jill kindly recommend hers. Now I'm not new to this whole eye Dr. business, having worn classes for a great majority of my life. Consequently, I was expecting nothing different or strange about this exam.
The first half of the eye exam went as well as expected, nothing wrong, the usual comment about my long invisible eyelashes, and how I'm rather near-sighted, but then we had to look inside the eye. Now if any of you have had the awesome experience to have the inside of your eyes checked, you know they have to dilate your eyes. Besides looking rather creepy with huge gaping black eyes and wearing the obligatory roller shades outside you also can't see very well up close. Not to mention I don't see very well without my glasses anyways.
So back into the lil' exam room I go. The Dr. proceeds to tell me that he's going to check inside my eyes and that he's going to have to get very close...."sprit, sprit, sprit"! Feeling slightly vulnerable in my blindness I cannot mistake the sound of breath spray being utilized. "How close is he going to get?" I think to myself. He quickly finished the exam, and I appreciated the professional courteous of freshening his breath before he got in my face, but I just had to laugh.
After telling Jill this story she just started laughing as well because he does the same thing to her. Apparently our Dr. is a playa'

1 comment:

caron said...

I was not expecting that-- I laughed so hard! Here's to strange doctor experiences! (Not really, I hate doctor experiences period)