Saturday, October 29, 2011

.october.

Isn't October wonderful??? Of course as a child Halloween was pure magic...dress up and candy all in one, but the other reason was because my mother loved the holiday.  She claimed it was because it was less commercialized than Christmas or Easter, but whatever the reason she got behind this autumnal celebration.  I guess it stuck with the rest of us, because my family still loves Halloween.  This past week has kept us busy with last minute costumes, pumpkin carving, carnivals, and harvest parties. so lets get to it.
Pumpkin Hunting at the patch

Our headless horseman pumpkin


scary bath hair....bwahhhhhhh!
 We had a ward Halloween carnival on Wed.  Roy was there all night with the young men so Finn and I went to keep him company for awhile. Finn was a big hit in his gnome costume!

Friday was our annual Sullivan Halloween party.  I undertook the organization of it this year, which actually turned out fairly easy after dividing up all the responsibilities.  We started off playing a few games like who's your Zombie, and Dia de los Muertos bingo, and sharks and minos.
playing an intense game of dia de los muertos
our little family all costumed up: Finn the lawn gnome, Roy the DI, and me as a half done version of Medusa

 
After the games, we had a proper harvest dinner in the barn.  Following dinner there was a small impromptu dance while grandpa readied the hayride.  I wish I had got a picture of all of us enjoying that...so much fun!
While we were out riding the hay, Roy and the boys built a stunning bonfire.  We probably violated every fire code in the city, but I'm glad we did.  The fire blazed so hot for awhile that we even had to go outside the ring to  enjoy it.

The boys sitting up on the fence watching the blazing inferno

After the fire had burned down we could return inside the ring, and roast some mallows for some smores.
We finished the night off as always watching The Legend of Sleepy Hallow.  We always have such a great time together as family...I'm truly blessed!

Also this past week I finally decided that we needed to get some family photos before our little nugget turns one...I think they turned out stellar!  Thanks Wendy for all the wonderful photos of my little family!!



3 comments:

Colette said...

It isn't fair how cute your little family is.

ANG said...

Good work on the partay, Beth! It was so fun! We loved the fire and brimstone. :)

Kim said...

Love the pictures!