Wednesday, November 3, 2010

.new toys and the such.

I have wanted to post seriously 10 different times in the past 2 weeks, but life just happens, and the time never seems to be available to do all the things one wants to do. With that being said, I'm at the slow office today, and find myself with more free time then is needed, so now is catch up time. Where to start??
The Sullivan Halloween party:

We love our Halloween in the Sullivan Fam...here is just a sample of the good times.
Full moon cresting over the neighborhood
Our GIANT race arch that we just had to blow up to make the neighbors wonder
The Bachands sporting their Wizard of Oz
'Pea in the Pod' Bendy
My mom's clever flower pot costume (I love that Grace is watering her)
and of course Mike and Ang and the Luchedor's...those pink pants already have a special place in next years costumes.

It was a great night filled with spooky food, dancing, slime, and family!

Scary movie night:

I'm not a big scary movie person in general, but once a year I put aside my fear and get into the mood of Halloween by watching a scary movie. We like to make a night of it with dinner and friends. This year the Wards, along with baby Mikey came over for the festivities. Jill made her famous corn chowder, and we just enjoyed the company all around.

New Toys:

This past week Roy sold his mt. bike, which has been on KSL for the past 3 months. After several days of conflicting thoughts and ideas, we finally decided to buy Christmas early this year (we may have got this idea from G-ward and Hayley). Roy has been consumed with RC cars lately. Say what you want, but it's his nostalgic hobby...and honestly, even though I had envisioned a white trash hobby, I didn't have the heart to dash his childhood love.

The great thing about it though is that without fail, every guy he's shown has acted just like a little boy on Christmas morning. They LoVE driving it, and Roy can't stop smiling!

What with Roy enjoying his new toy, I was feeling a little left out. I have been wanting to get a bigger i-pod to hold all of our music, but we had never gotten around to it. We have always been fine with a shuffles for when we worked out. But we finally caved and got the i-pod touch. I don't think I've put it down since this past weekend. I keep discovering something new on it and I just get more stoked about it every time. We will just re-wrap these bad boys come December and be just as giddy then as we are now!

Sorry for the overload, but like I said, time was not my friend this week.

2 comments:

Elena Lunt said...

Yeah, I understand. It's hard to find time for anything else with the new toy you got. :)

Hayley said...

here's my advice on the ipod - if you can't stand to part with it come december (and you won't) just rewrap the box. that way you'll unwrap and have the reminder on christmas morning... :) gotta love the ipod touch!!!