Tuesday, November 23, 2010

.here's the thing.

My belly is getting bigger by the second, but my arms remain the same length. This makes the whole sitting at a desk all day increasingly difficult. My back is protesting at this moment...I think I might go take a quick little jaunt around the office and give the leaning a break.

Winter is flexing his muscles today in UT with a blizzard warning. A blizzard WARNING folks! Yeah that pretty much never happens here. We tend to just deal with what winter has to deal out...it is just what it is. So now we are all scrambling around trying to figure out what one does in the case of blizzard warnings. Schools are closing, people are leaving work early, 72 hour kits are being pulled out. It would be quite the disappointment if this storm came and went without a hitch...only time will tell.

If this storm is everything it's supposed to be maybe...just maybe we will get a free day tomorrow. One can dream of starting their Thanksgiving Holiday early, especially because we get to hang with the Lamberts (our UT family) tomorrow for a little early feasting. I plan on getting some tips on making the best mashed potatoes seeing as there is a small competition between me and my brother in law. Let the best potatoes win!

So besides sore backs, and impending doom all is right with the world!!

2 comments:

Colette said...

Just move the desk to your lap. Nothing better than keying on your belly! Take it from me - seeing as I have so much experience in this matter.

Kay said...

derek doesn't know there's a competition. i'm sure you'll blow us out of the water. ha ha.