Monday, August 25, 2008

Change of plans and Perdicaments




Do you ever have those moments where everything suddenly seems to fall at your feet and you start to quietly panic thinking of all the things that need to be done within a limited amount of time? Not only am I having one of those moments, but I don't even really have time to organize my thoughts of craziness. I completely take responsibility for the predicament that I find myself, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm here.



Roy and I along with another couple in our ward have been planning a trip down to Havasupai this coming weekend, but as of last week with all the flooding going on down there we have been forced to scramble to find a replacement destination. After a quick revamp of our plans we are now planning on kayaking down the Colorado River near Hoover dam. This quick change would not have been such a big deal if I had planned a little better. For some reason I have been putting off getting everything together for this trip. I just kept thinking that I had more time, but alas the time has come and I'm sitting here frantically wondering "didn't I have 2 more weeks?". I haven't made the necessary calls to family to ensure we have all the gear we need or planned menu's. Consequently I still have quite a lot of planning, shopping, packing, and cleaning to do before Friday. This is all on top of the fact that I have been running full throttle at work with Jill being gone these past 2 weeks. So just thinking about going home after a long stressful day and going into planning mode really has me quite overwhelmed and depressed.



Oh well it can't be helped now, and I must face the place I have put myself. I can't wait to be out of here on Friday and collect my sanity again!



1 comment:

Kristen Brady said...

Have fun on your trip!