Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wishing for dots



What seems like some time ago, about a year ago, I made my way to the sweltering state of Florida. While there I had the important task of meeting my future inlaws and surviving the unearthly heat. I honestly don't ever remember being that hot in my entire life, and I don't ever want to be that hot again...Roy was in heaven. Seeing my distress he offered the idea to go to a water park. It was while at this park that I tasted, in my opinion, one of the finest creations.

Dippin' dots, although outrageously overpriced, are such a fun food to eat. For those of you who don't quite understand the concept its basically ice cream frozen into tiny small balls. Ice cream, although good by itself, is just that much better when served in a fun way. After my first taste I was hooked and have continued to crave it ever since. Back home in Utah I have not yet seen dippin' dots around and I have been ever so dissapointed....that is until last week.

I had the chance to go the Jazz game last week. The company was great, the game mediocre, and the seats hard....but than what do I see? The girl in front of us plops herself down with a cup of Dippin' Dots! AGHH...I couldn't believe my eyes...Dippin' Dots mere feet away. Unfortunately, I didn't have the money to get them. Thwarted again! Perhaps I'm meant to just dream about this delightful treat...never to taste again.

Well I've pined and whined long enough. I hope the day will come that I once again get the chance to enjoy those lil' dots again.

4 comments:

caron said...

My brother raves about them, and I still have not tried them. I think they sell them at the zoo somewhere. But paying an entrance fee and buying overpriced food may or may not be what you were looking for...

Kim said...

If you ever get the cash, go to Lagoon for a day...they have a dippin' dots booth there. They also have them at the state/county fairs every year. I know this for I, too, am a dippin' dots fan.

Colette said...

We use to always eat them as children. I only ever see them at the fairs, Lagoon, or the zoo like previously mentioned by Kim and Caron. But I am glad that you are now part of the fabulous world of dippin' dots!

Morrison Family said...

Back in Aiken, SC., we actually had a Dippin' Dot Ice cream store - you could go and buy them anytime you wanted. I will have to check and see if we have one in TN...If we do - wanna come and visit?